This post contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Best spring cleaning tips plus the best spring cleaning hack I have ever used.
Christmas is over. I know, not much motivation to do anything else.
The kids will go back to school, it will get back to normal just hold on a little longer.
Go room by room and organize, then clean. I start by decluttering. I fill up a tote from every single room in my house, then I take that stuff to our local thrift store and donate it all. This puts me in the spring cleaning mode.
First things first, Organization.
- I start in my front room/entry way. We have a shoe bench and 2 coat racks. I hang everything in the hall closet, organize the shoes and wipe everything down.
- The Hall closet. I have my workout stuff, our fold up camp chairs and our summer shade. Go threw all of the coats and only keep the things you use.
- Living Room and TV area. Vacuum the couch, was the drapes, Vacuum the floor. Organize the DVD’s and TV area, clean out cabinet and disinfect.
- Fireplace/Wood Stove. Fireplaces need to be cleaned out yearly. We have a wood stove and use a chimney sweep before we start to use it. Usually the end of Fall. For Spring cleaning, clean up the area, sweep and mop the tile.
- Kitchen Counters and Cabinets. Clean out and organize cabinets and drawers. Clean and oil wood cabinets. Wipe down cabinets and kitchen table and chairs.
- Pantry. Clean out and organize area, sweep and mop floor. Donate anything you do not need or use.
- Laundry room. My pantry and laundry room are the same room. Clean, organize and wipe down machines. Clean any cabinets or shelves.
- Guest bathroom. Deep clean and organize. Wash everything. Organizer and put away everything.
- Bedrooms Each bedroom needs to be cleaned, organized, vacuumed, sheets and drapes washed. All blankets washed. Beds made.
- Master Bathroom. Clean and organize. If you have a natural stone shower, this is a good time to seal the tile. I have a basket under my vanity for all my favorite things, So they do not sit on my counter, but are easily accessible. Wash all mirrors.
- Master Closet. Clean out the master bedroom closet. Turn everything around in your closet. Everything. For now. That is it
Front porch or back porch
If you have a patio, deck or back porch are. Clean and organize.
Clean up yard, take trash and yard debris to the dump. Trim any trees or bushes.
Wash off house
Best cleaning hack I have ever used.
I promised you the best cleaning secret I have….are you ready.
Hire A Window guy!!!
Absolutely the best EVER cleaning hack that I have ever recieved!
I had lived in rental houses for years, and every year when we moved into a new house, I would clean the windows.
If you have ever done the windows yourself, you know how big of a job this actually is.
- Remove all the screens
- Vacuum out the window sills
- Wipe down everything
- Clean the windows
- Clean the screens
- Let screens dry
- Put screens back on
- Clean up the area you cleaned the screens (trust me, even if you did this outside there is a mess)
The 1st time I hired a window company; They were in and out of my house in 50 minutes. !!! Seriously!
They cleaned inside, outside, window sills and screens. Removed them and put them back on, and charged me $70
Hallelujah! I WILL NEVER WASH MY OWN WINDOWS AGAIN!!
It has been 6 years now, and I still pay a window guy, and make them Christmas Cookies too. 😀😍😊
This one tip makes my house look so much brighter and healthier than anything else I do.
Thanks for reading.Rockabye Rockers…Premium Made in the USA Rockers that are the cutest in THEIR world!